You are searching about What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting, today we will share with you article about What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting is useful to you.
Sports Betting Line – 5 Simple Steps to Teach You How to Read a Sports Betting Line!
So you want to learn how to read a sports betting line?
In fact, many people casually bet on sports and they will never know how to read these lines. However, if you want to bet more seriously, you will need to know what each line means. It is always important to spend time analyzing your favorable team in order to place a bet on them. Remember – all sportsbooks use different lines, and you’ll need to look around and find the one that’s most favorable to you before placing any bets.
So how to read the sports betting line? That’s it…
1. Every time you look at sports books, you’ll see something like this…
NYJ -11.2 -120 -250
ALT+11.2 -120 +310
55.5 out of 110
2. First, you need to determine the favorite and the underdog. The favorite means it has a “minus” sign next to the first number, and the underdog will have a “plus” sign. In the example above, the NYJ is the favorite and the ALT is the underdog.
3. Next you will need to determine the spread. The spread means the first number following the two teams. From the above you can see that the gap is 11.2. One of the most common types of bets is the spread bet. In other words, if you bet the favorite on the spread, it means that the team must not only win the game, but must win at least as many points as the spread. On the other hand, if you bet on the underdog, that team doesn’t have to win, but they have to be within that number of points.
For example above: if you bet NYJ on the spread and NYJ only wins by 6, that won’t be enough to cover and that means you will lose your bet as a result. On the other hand, if you bet on ALT and they only lose by 6, you will win because they got close enough. The number that follows next to the spread number indicates how much a bettor must wager to win $100.
4. Now you will need to determine the money line. This is the last digit in each of the first two rows. From the example above, NYJ is -250 and ALT is +310. This means that when you are the money line, you bet on the team to win outright. In other words, the team you choose must win the match to win your bet. The plus sign indicates that you can win that much money by betting only $100, and the minus sign indicates that you must place that amount of money to win $100. From the example: you need to place a $250 bet on NYJ in order to earn $100 profit if NYJ wins the game; and you can just place a $100 bet on ALT and make a profit of $310 if ALT wins.
5. Finally, you will need to determine the plus-minus, and this is the first number in the last row. This means that you are betting on the match score. The bet is whether the combined score of both teams at the end of the match will be over or under this number. In the example above, the over-under is 55.5, and if you bet on it and the game ends 30-18, you will win. The last number in the bottom row shows how much you need to bet to win $100 on top-under.
Video about What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
You can see more content about What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
If you have any questions about What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
way What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
tutorial What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting
What Does Moneyline Mean In Sports Betting free
#Sports #Betting #Line #Simple #Steps #Teach #Read #Sports #Betting #Line